It's the most wonderful time of the year! Getting into the Christmas spirit with inspiration from LelaLondon.com, CoutureCaddy.com.au, and Fashion Gone Rogue.
Happy Holidays everyone!
1. Valentino took to New York for the first time to show their couture show and it was a winter white wonderland. (via ELLE.com)
2. Designers trotted out their pre-Fall collections and they're so good! (via Style.com)
3. We fell deeper in love with Ines de La Fressange: "I always feel like a bad teenager - when I go out of the office I think I can't go out the way I was dressed on Sunday. I have to make an effort and I don't want to make an effort. I would like to keep the comfort of Sunday."(via Vogue.co.uk)
4. After eight years at the helm, Frida Giannini announced her departure from Gucci. (via BoF)
5. Allure gave us five ways to shake up our make up for the holiday party circuit. (via Allure.com)
It's on! Our end of season sale is full of amazing pieces from Mother of Pearl, Joseph, Smythe Les Vestes, Être Cécile, Harvey Faircloth, A.L.C. and more. It's the holidays, treat yourself! Click HERE to start shopping.
Classic menswear redux never goes out of style. Put a feminine spin on the tuxedo with the Tibi Anson Blazer ($495). The bold black and white contrast is the perfect statement in a sea of LBDs and the dramatic swooped back hem is absolutely gorgeous. We love it paired with tuxedo pants and a lace underpinning. As always, add a killer necklace and you have a look that will take you from party to party this holiday season.
Pleats have a nostalgic and totally romantic feel that we absolutely adore. The sharp lines manage a fine balance between structured and soft, a juxtaposition that makes for the perfect outfit. We love the contrast tones on the Crimson Sunbird Dress by Camilla and Marc ($750) for an evening gala affair. To make a more casual holiday dinner feel a little extra fabulous, we recommend the beautiful pleated back detail on a Derek Lam 10 Crosby blouse ($495).
Can you ever really go wrong with a swash of feathers or marabou? We think not. Instead of the obligatory sequin, we favour the dramatic flourish of plumes for that festive feel for the holidays. The Tibi Cera Tuxedo Top ($500) has a gorgeous feather peplum that ups the ante on any evening look. Add a bit of edge with a leather jacket to toughen up a black tie-appropriate ensemble.
Velvet is back and we can't get enough. The royals were on to something with this stunning fabric. We love the luxurious texture and the way it shines in the light, just enough to catch the eye. A classic velvet blazer will dress up any outfit for a fabulously festive look that works at your holiday brunch with the girls or Christmas dinner with family. We love the deep V and touch of gold on the Smythe Les Vestes Velvet Blazer ($595). Pair it with a pair of moto skinnies and metallic accessories for a rock and roll feel.
1. An explosion of creativity in Miami Beach, with art and fashion colliding for Art Basel, resulted in some killer outfits. (via Vogue.com)
2. Pantone announced their official colour of 2015: marsala. (via Fashionista)
3. Tommy Ton does it again with these incredible photos of backstage at the lavish Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. (via Style.com)
4. Alexa Chung is the latest to go for the chop and it's official. 2014 is the year of the bob. (via BuzzFeed)
5. 100 Years of Beauty in one minute blew everyone away. We really missed out on rollers in the 40s! (via YouTube)
The RB Dream Team has a love for stripes that runs deep. It's simply a classic that can do no wrong. So of course it was Coco Chanel who brought them into our sartorial lives. She was so inspired by the sailors uniforms she spotted on a trip to the French coast that she incorporated them into her nautical collection for 1917. Since then, stripes have been a feature in every fashionable woman's closet. We love a bold wide stripe and a soft and subtle thin stripe, and everything in between. This look is so timeless, we wear it all year long.
Images via Style Pantry, Style Ideals, Just the Design, The Fashion Tag, Harper's Bazaar and Fashion Over Reason.
Fabulous is a state of mind here at Rebecca Bree, so everything we picked for our Holiday Gift Guide has that in mind.
Bonne Nuit by The Sleep Shirt x Rebecca Bree: Comes complete with a sleep mask for the most luxurious of sleeps.
Lulu Frost Rise Hair Pin: A little bit of a retro feel, we love this little bit of sparkle.
Tocca Cleopatra products: This is one of our favourite scents by Tocca, named after one fabulous woman!
Lulu Frost Art Deco Earrings: Talk about a show stopper!
Vancouver Candle Co. in Point Grey: Named after all the neighbourhoods in Vancouver, we can't get enough of these candles!
Toga Pulla Buckle Boots: We've had so many requests for these boots, they're guaranteed to please under the tree.
Marie Turnor The Lunch Clutch in Rose Gold: The perfect day to night bag she never knew she had to have.
Click this way to shop more of our favourite gifts in the RB Gift Guide and visit us in store for more!
Happy Holidays! xo RB
There isn't much you can't do with this Joseph lace pencil skirt. We love it for the office with a crisp button up, for date night with a killer leather jacket, for brunch with a cozy knit and paired with a silk top for evening events. The fit is so good - hugs you in all the right places - with a bit of give so it's comfortable enough for all day wear.
1. Solange Knowles got married and everyone swooned. That dress! (via Vogue)
2. Kendall Jenner just keeps making headlines. This time she's inked a campaign deal with Karl Lagerfeld. (via Fashionista.com)
3. The annual Pirelli calendar is out and it's amazing. What else would you expect with Carine Roitfeld and Steven Meisel behind the camera? (via Style.com)
4. Fashion's latest investment piece? Their taking the arm candy game up a notch with watches. (via Business of Fashion)
5. Allure makes picking the perfect perfume even easier with The Cool Girl's Guide. (via Allure)
Photo above by Rog Walker via Vogue.com