There's something about finding the perfect leather jacket that pretty much feels like you've discovered your soul mate. That's exactly how we felt when we found Francis Leon, a label founded in 2010 and based in London, by way of Australia. Mixing Japanese cotton, neoprene, sportmesh and other sleek performance fabrics with supple Italian leather is their signature. Talk about an global sensation! We love their cheeky attitude and the cool way they find inspiration in in the pages of old superhero comic books, in the manifesto of the Italian Futurists, and in the systemic strength of urban landscapes and fast machines. A leather jacket is a must-have wardrobe investment for every woman, but we consider a jacket by Francis Leon is an investment in life.
Click here to shop Francis Leon on sale now! And stay tuned for more from this brand at Rebecca Bree.
1. SO many stunning looks on the red carpet, but we had to agree with this Golden Globes best dressed list. Running into Emma Stone at Nobu in LA a few days later kind of sealed the deal for us too. (via Harper's Bazaar)
2. Spring is all about longer skirts so we're starting early with this maxi skirt primer. (via Style.com)
3. Men's fashion weeks hit London and Florence and the streets got decidedly more dapper. (via TheCut.com)
4. Simon Doonan gives the best beauty tip of all time. (via Into the Gloss)
5. We finally got around to cleaning out our closets using this genius guide for fashion lovers. (via Vogue)
This is a super chic look for winter. I love pairing grey and camel together and Dutch blogger Lucy de Boer has it down to a tee. Easy separates, all layered up. It’s such a luxurious colour combo. Here's how to get the look:
It's that time of year where we have full respect for our winter wardrobes but can't wait for spring. We've been feeling inspired by Australian line Camilla and Marc lately as their diffusion line C&M Swim pre-Spring collection just arrived. Something about dreaming of a tropical retreat – or taking one! – feels so right when wearing citrus fruit and stripes. They're even better together. Shop C&M Swim here.
Images found via blog.shopkoshka.com, stylelist.com913, laurenleighvalentine.blogspot.com, The Man Repeller, bloglosalgado.com.br, Sandra’s Closet, moda.vocerolatinonews.com, Who What Wear and The Fashion Tag.
1. HUGE changes at New York Fashion Week as Mercedes-Benz bows out as a sponsor. (via the New York Times)
2. Céline debuted the great American author Joan Didion as the face of their Spring 2015 campaign which had us wondering: are literary stars the new it crowd in fashion? (via Style.com)
3. We're still not sure about Google Glass, but with new jewelry options wearable tech continues to get more fashionable. (via Fashionista)
4. London-based Canadian Caroline Issa, fashion director of Tank magazine, talked about dipping her toe into fashion design. (via Vogue.com)
5. Red carpet season has begun! The People's Choice Awards gave us our first taste of this year's award season style. (via InStyle)
Shannon Heth is a constant source of inspiration. She's a mother (with baby number 2 on the way!), the founder and director of a successful lifestyle PR agency in Vancouver, Heth PR, finds time to write travel and art pieces for local magazines, and she does it all with enviable style. We love how she isn't afraid of colour, or turning heads, and she has mastered the art of the bold accessory. Plus, her shoe collection is insanely amazing!
We wanted to find out what an average day in Shannon's busy life looks like, so just before the holidays she gave us the inside scoop.
Photos found via Breakfast with Audrey, Hey Crazy, Vogue, Vava Vogue, Master of Details, PopSugar, the Fashion Spot and x17 online.
We're so in love with these sale picks, we know you're gonna love them too. #rundontwalk
(above) Francis Leon fitted cropped leather jacket (in store only). Regular $975 - Sale $633.75. Sizes available: X-Small, Medium
Francis Leon Avenger fitted biker jacket. Regular $1250 - Sale $812.50. Sizes available: X-Small, Medium.
Smythe Officer's Jacket (in store only). Regular $595 – Sale $357. Sizes available: 4, 12 (fits small).
Francis Leon waxed cotton jacket with leather sleeves (in store only). Regular $1045 - Sale $418. Sizes available: X-Small, Small.
Roseanna plaid snap button jacket. Regular $575 - Sale $345. Sizes available: 6, 10.
Nonoo cable knit sweater. Regular $550 - Sale $330. Size: Medium (fits small).
Tess Giberson stitch sweater (in store only). Regular $450 – Sale $225. Sizes available: Small, Large.
Tibi plaid coat (in store only). Regular $750 - Sale $450. Sizes available: 2, 6.
Francis Leon Flash leather hoodie. Regular $550 - Sale for $357.50. Sizes available: X-Small, Small, Medium.
Joseph Wide Stripe Marcel top. (RB FAVE!!) Regular $450 - Sale $270. Sizes available: 4, 6, 8.
Markus Lupfer Mini Cooper sweater. Regular $595 - Sale $297.50. Sizes available: X-Small, Small, Large.
Harvey Faircloth faux fur vest. Regular $575 - Sale $345. Sizes available: 6, 8.
Banjo & Matilda sweater. Regular $595 - Sale $357. Sizes available: Small, Medium, Large.
What an amazing year 2014 has been! We've had so much fun shopping with you all! You make every moment of our lives more fabulous and we can't wait for what 2015 has in store.
We capture all the amazing parties, outfits and press we can on Instagram, so we've rounded up a few of our favourites as we look back on a great year. (Don't forget to follow us for new arrivals and stylish moments from inside the boutique.
Thank you for all your support!!!
The Dream Team xo
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Getting into the Christmas spirit with inspiration from LelaLondon.com, CoutureCaddy.com.au, and Fashion Gone Rogue.
Happy Holidays everyone!